cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass mf212w operational panel won't power up/light up

chiefrum
Apprentice

I am hoping this is just an error between chair and keyboard problem.

I just returned from a month long trip, so my printer wasn't being used for a while. When I tried to print today, the operational panel didn't light up and nothing I am pushing is getting it to do so. Like it's in a permanent Sleep mode (and, yes, I pushed the sleep mode button, no dice).

I checked the power and USB cables. No issues. The printer is receiving power; I confirmed that with the manual power button.

My computer (Windows 10) shows it as Offline.

I was printing just fine with this right before my trip (printed out some itineraries). No one's around to use my printer when I'm gone. So I have no idea what's up.

Does this issue sound familiar to any of you experts?

2 REPLIES 2

chiefrum
Apprentice

Bumping... anyone with ideas why the main printer panel won't work?

The printer has power. It goes through its power on sequence whenever I turn it off and on again with the manual power button. It just does nothing else at all now.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello chiefrum,

In this situation it looks like there is a hardware issue with the printer. In this situation, you can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on.

If the screen still does not turn on, it would mean the printer needs service. You can view you service option by creating or logging into you My Canon account using the link provided HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements