cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass D570

mikew1231
Apprentice

Hello, and any help would be great, I have a Lenovo laptop and can't get the wireless so gave up and bought a USB cable and still won't connect. It will copy. Customer service is only open while I'm at work and don't have access to my laptop and printer so right now that is not an option.

I've reinstalled the driver and made sure that the print spooler is turned on. I'm usually the go-to guy for computers so this is got me thinking my printer is DOA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to get off of work early and contact canon support. I had already tried deleting the drivers from the disc and downloading the newest version(s). The issue was that the install of the driver picks the incorrect one to use, I was unaware that more than one driver is downloaded in the zip file. Customer support guided me the install the correct driver by

going to

Control Panel (not settings) right-clicking the printer selecting printer properties (not properties) then the advanced tab and then selecting the new driver option then select driver UFRII LT

there are four to choose from and this is the one that worked.

A lot of nonsense in my book, the new download (or for that matter the included disc) should have just included the one correct driver and it would have saved me hours of trying and saved my router which I managed to brick trying to update it as I thought that must be the issue.

Now that the printer works, it is awesome, only took me around 3 weeks to get it to work. Of course, I had to order a USB cable to hook it up and wait until I could call technical support which happens to work the same hours as myself.

Hope the above instructions can save someone some time on this model. You won't find them on the support pages online.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Darius
Whiz

Hi mikew1231.

When using the D570 with a laptop by USB, ensure the laptop is plugged in and charging.  Using battery power can reduce USB signal strength.

The most up-to-date drivers are available, free of charge, at the following page:  https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/ima...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I was able to get off of work early and contact canon support. I had already tried deleting the drivers from the disc and downloading the newest version(s). The issue was that the install of the driver picks the incorrect one to use, I was unaware that more than one driver is downloaded in the zip file. Customer support guided me the install the correct driver by

going to

Control Panel (not settings) right-clicking the printer selecting printer properties (not properties) then the advanced tab and then selecting the new driver option then select driver UFRII LT

there are four to choose from and this is the one that worked.

A lot of nonsense in my book, the new download (or for that matter the included disc) should have just included the one correct driver and it would have saved me hours of trying and saved my router which I managed to brick trying to update it as I thought that must be the issue.

Now that the printer works, it is awesome, only took me around 3 weeks to get it to work. Of course, I had to order a USB cable to hook it up and wait until I could call technical support which happens to work the same hours as myself.

Hope the above instructions can save someone some time on this model. You won't find them on the support pages online.

Not a solution.

Not a solution is above is referring to making sure your laptop is charged. The solution I offered is the one solution that worked for me.

WestMoss
Apprentice

When I scan a 4"x5" color photo, it appears in the correct folder but as an 8.5 x 11 sheet w/ the color photo in the top corner. Can I scan it w/o having to crop the resulting image? I'm using WiFi, Win10. Otherwise, no problems.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements