03-13-2019 07:38 PM
I have recently gotten this hand me down printer. it works fine but the prints turn out with a bunch of gray around the text. like its printing a little allover the page. Any idea what could cause this ? i have just put a new toner cartridge in and it didnt fix the problem. Thanks
03-19-2019 05:26 PM - edited 03-19-2019 05:26 PM
It is recommended that a fixing unit cleaning be performed. Please follow the steps below to perform the cleaning:
1. Press [ ] (Menu).
2. Select <Adjustment/Maintenance> using [ ] or [ ] and press [OK].
3. Select <Clean Fixing Unit> using [ ] or [ ] and press [OK].
4. Check if the supported paper is set in the paper drawer, and press [OK].
5. Check the procedure shown in the display, and press [OK].
* The cleaning paper will be printed.
6. Load the cleaning paper to the multi-purpose tray with the black band side up.
7. Check the screen and press [OK].
The cleaning begins. It takes approximately 80 seconds to complete the process.
* We recommend that plain paper be loaded when cleaning the fixing unit.
When the cleaning does not start
8. Press [ ] (Menu) to close the menu screen.
You may also want to try a few of the special modes to prevent this issue. Please follow the steps at this link to enable the modes:
If you continue to experience an issue, or need any further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).