cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF733Cdw Cardstock Paper Jams

lemf87
Apprentice

I have had this printer for less than 1 year, but use it very frequently.  This is the first time I have tried to print on cardstock.  I am able to print from my computer or phone to plain paper, but every time I try to use cardstock, it jams (IMMEDIATELY).  I have even tested using the copy function with plain & cardstock to make sure it wasn't a driver issue.  It prints everytime to plain paper, but jams EVERY SINGLE TIME with cardstock.  I have the paper settings on LTR HEAVY (I've tried 1 and 3 of the heavy options).  Has anyone been able to print to cardstock with this printer??  Is there a setting that I need to change other than the weight?? I called Canon customer service/technical support three times and non of them could help me.  

10 REPLIES 10

arock387
Apprentice

How are you even getting good prints.  I just returned my HP color laserjet 4301 because the HP software is absolute garbage and straight up wouldnt let me set up instant ink (said I had to be admin of printer, which I was, cause I owned it) and now this canon one gives me all white streaks down my card stock.  I finally got it to print mostly fine but now it cuts off the right side of the prints.  Why does printing still have to suck in 2023.  Ive even gone ahead and went photo mode just to try to make it lay down more black to stop the white lines from showing.  It doesnt have a setting for card stock. it sees it as "recycled" 

I need to make board game cards with linen or cotton card stock and so far it just doesnt seem possible. either the printer is great and teh software isnt, or the printer just isnt. Im leaning towards the latter on this one.  

EDIT: I think I got it.  I just kept trying settings and eventually it just printed fine.  The only thing I can think of is the printer needed a few runs to really get the colors laying down.  The white streaks are gone and when I used the manual front loader the alignment corrected itself.  That was more stressful than it should have been for how much these printers cost

Announcements