cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF733Cdw Cardstock Paper Jams

lemf87
Apprentice

I have had this printer for less than 1 year, but use it very frequently.  This is the first time I have tried to print on cardstock.  I am able to print from my computer or phone to plain paper, but every time I try to use cardstock, it jams (IMMEDIATELY).  I have even tested using the copy function with plain & cardstock to make sure it wasn't a driver issue.  It prints everytime to plain paper, but jams EVERY SINGLE TIME with cardstock.  I have the paper settings on LTR HEAVY (I've tried 1 and 3 of the heavy options).  Has anyone been able to print to cardstock with this printer??  Is there a setting that I need to change other than the weight?? I called Canon customer service/technical support three times and non of them could help me.  

10 REPLIES 10

Darius
Whiz

Hi lemf87.

The imageCLASS MF733Cdw can handle uncoated paper up to 60 lb Cover (163 g/m²) and coated up to 73 lb Cover (200 g/m²).  Cardstock ranges from 50 lb to 110 lb (about 135 to 300 g/m2).  If the cardstock you're using is outside of the printer's range, then it may not feed correctly (as you've experienced).

Cardstock also tends to be thicker than Bond or Cover type papers, which will negatively impact how flexible it is.  If the cardstock is too inflexible, then the printer will not be able to feed it through.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

tomking707C5q4a
Apprentice

You said, "Card stock tends to be thicker than bond". Duh. What else could it be?

Please offer an actual helpful answer.

Donda577
Contributor

I bought it for this purpose. How do you feed it thru? I’m lost 🙄

normadel
Authority
Authority

Exactly what is the cardstock you are trying to use?

80lb 225gsm 

Printer is specified for maximum  200 gsm, which is also affected by how stiff a paper it is, and the paper surface. You appear to be asking it to feed something outside its ability.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The MF733Cdw appears to support card stock up to 60lbs. 

Available Paper - Canon - imageCLASS MF735Cdw / MF733Cdw / MF731Cdw / MF634Cdw / MF632Cdw - User's G...

80lbs might be too thick.  The above shows that 60lbs stock can be fed in the drawer or MP tray.  Heavier stocks often work best when fed in thought the multi-purpose feeder (on the side).  Sometimes one piece at a time depending on thickness or weight.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I realized mine is the 753cdw…guess I’ll try it thru the front door feed as there is no side feed. I just wish the instructions were more simple for my simple mind. I need the best print option, too, most psi(?) my husband bought me this “Cadillac” and pray it can do what I was looking for. I’m a card maker. 

normadel
Authority
Authority

753 has same paper specs as 733.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements