Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

ImageClass MF733Cdw Cardstock Paper Jams

I have had this printer for less than 1 year, but use it very frequently.  This is the first time I have tried to print on cardstock.  I am able to print from my computer or phone to plain paper, but every time I try to use cardstock, it jams (IMMEDIATELY).  I have even tested using the copy function with plain & cardstock to make sure it wasn't a driver issue.  It prints everytime to plain paper, but jams EVERY SINGLE TIME with cardstock.  I have the paper settings on LTR HEAVY (I've tried 1 and 3 of the heavy options).  Has anyone been able to print to cardstock with this printer??  Is there a setting that I need to change other than the weight?? I called Canon customer service/technical support three times and non of them could help me.  

Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

Re: ImageClass MF733Cdw Cardstock Paper Jams

Hi lemf87.

The imageCLASS MF733Cdw can handle uncoated paper up to 60 lb Cover (163 g/m²) and coated up to 73 lb Cover (200 g/m²).  Cardstock ranges from 50 lb to 110 lb (about 135 to 300 g/m2).  If the cardstock you're using is outside of the printer's range, then it may not feed correctly (as you've experienced).

Cardstock also tends to be thicker than Bond or Cover type papers, which will negatively impact how flexible it is.  If the cardstock is too inflexible, then the printer will not be able to feed it through.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.