cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF6550 not communicating with scanner

brian90266
Apprentice

Hello,

My old XP computer died and I purchased a new computer with windows 8.1. I loaded my drivers and toolbox on canon.com everything worked but the scanner. (not communicating with scanner) I have called canon 2x now and nobody knows how to fix it. I have unplugged, plugged, in printer/usb, I have downloaded, deleted drivers, Etc. None of Canon test have solved anyting and at the end of the day it is not communiting with the scanner. 

Since the Canon Tech people made me feel like my brand new computer was at fault I tried to install the drivers in a computer 8.1 windows I only just purchased on monday with the same results (not communicating with scanner)

I was told by the second Canon Tech that there is somekind of operating error in windows 8.1 that is stopping the operating program (8.1) from seeing the scanner and or staying connected to communicate. somehow i need to restart the operating system that communicates with the scanner. Well that what i was told - I told the third Canon Tech and he said he did not have any record of this call and of course the drivers worked with 8.1 and that was foolish and who told you that (LOL) The funnest part of all this conversation is that the First Canon Tech and the Second Canon Tech are the same person. I told the Third Canon Tech to talk with him since he has a record of whom they are. He did not respond and after pushing him he claimed he would talk with his Supervisor.

Well enough is enough and I just need to get the scanner driver working, Does anybody have a resolution that may work?.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank You,

Brian

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements