cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF4570dn Monterey Compatibility

somewhatconfuse
Apprentice

Folks-

I have a ~ten-year old ImageClass MF4570dn Printer that has served me well. I recently purchased an iMAC desktop that runs OS Monterey 12.5.1. I have tried downloading the recommended driver from the Canon website. The driver does not install in my mac's printers and scanners folder-it doesn't even see the printer that is physically connected by USB. Is this printer too old to be used with the present generation of macs?

Thanks!

sc

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If you click the + in printers and scanners to add a printer and the MF4570 does not appear in the list, it would mean the Mac does not see a USB connection for the printer. In this situation, you can try another USB cable or you can check with Apple to see if your current Mac supports the cable connection or if you need an adapter.

You can also connect the printer to a network with an ethernet cable connection if the Mac needs an adapter or does not support the connection. Once the printer is connected to your router via ethernet, you can try adding the printer to see if it can be found.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements