cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF244DW will not print unless power is cycled

buzzsmith
Apprentice

I am using an ImageCLASS mf244dw printer/scanner, connected to an M2 MacStudio by USB. The MacOS version is Monterey (12.7). The only way I can get the printer to print is to unplug it from power and plug it back in. Until I cycle the power, the print queue just shows the progress bar traveling back and forth and the message, "Printing - Connected to printer."

This has to be done for every single document I print. How do I fix this???

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If you are running into an issue with the jobs getting stuck in the print queue, you can try installing the latest version of the printer driver and resetting the printing system on the Mac. You can download the MF Printer Driver & Utilities for Mac V10.11.11 from our support site using the link HERE.

Once installed, you can go into printers and scanners and reset the printing system. You can click the apple in the upper left and select system preferences. From system preferences, you can select printers and scanners. In printers and scanners, you can right or control click on a blank portion of the printer list and select reset printing system. Once the system has been reset, you can click the + at the bottom of the list to add the printer back to the Mac. If you continue to have issues after adding the printer back to the list, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Thank you. This solved my problem.

I spoke too soon. After a power outage, my Mac rebooted and, once again, the printer has to have the power cycled every time I print a document.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements