cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass LBP612Cdw software

General711
Apprentice

I bought an ImageClass LBP612Cdw this month at Staples.  The user software DVD that should have been in the box was not there.  Getting a replacement copy from Canon or Staples has been impossible.  And I can't find it online anwhere else.  Do you have a copy of the DVD I can buy or borrow from you to copy?  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Most products do not come with installtion CD's any longer.  They are obsolete by the time you get them home:

All drivers for your printer are here..  They are free

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/color-laser/color-imagecl...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, Rick, but I think you misread my issue.  If you look at the "what's in the box" portion of the product description you'll see a User DVD is listed.  I easily downloaded the driver(s) necessary to operate the printer, but I still don't have access to the other software that comes with the printer - - such as communication back from the printer on issues like toner levels and paper jams.

Just curious, what makes you beleve "other software" exists beyond what Canon if offering for your printer on its support portal?

Take a look at page 413 of the user guide:

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDMwMDAyNjgzNTA0&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Well, it could be because that was the case with the other Canon color laser printer and the Canon multifunction color laser printer I own.

Hi General711.

Some of our previous printers shipped with promotional software because both the software publisher and ourselves found a benefit to such arrangements.  In the modern digital-distribution and -advertising environment, and having ourselves developed a mature library of fundamental programs supporting our products, such bundles are no longer needed by either party.

Our printers ship with all items listed on the box.  If the printer was sold as an open-box item, then some of the included items may be missing.  If the printer was not sold as open-box, then please let us know from which specific store it was sold.

All software that would be found on the disc accompanying the LBP612Cdw will be found on the Software tab of the Drivers & Downloads page (linked above).  The software on our page will be the most up-to-date for any compatible operating systems.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

Announcements