cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass D420 Printer/Scanner suddenly not recognized by MF Toolbox 4.9.

EssEnAre
Apprentice

HELP. My ImageClass D420 Printer/Scanner suddenly not recognized by MF Toolbox 4.9. Scanner is seen and functional with other programs on my Windows 7 Pro PC but not by the Toolbox(I like pdf feature). I downloaded and installed current driver & Toolbox to no avail.

Here is the error message:

"A supported scanner is not installed. Please install a supported scanner, and then restart Toolbox".

I have done a lot of troubleshooting but no success.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrice
Whiz

Hi EssEnAre.

I will be able to assist you.

Have you recently installed any other scanners or imaging devices, such as a web camera, onto the computer?  Also, which programs have you been able to scan with successfully?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrice, thanks for your response. So far I have succesfully scanned in 3 programs - Word 2013, Wordperfect X4 & Omnipage 18. No hardware was added or removed from the system. I would like to try uninstall/install routine one more time. Does Canon has a program to completely remove all remnents of of the printer and the toolbar?

Thank you for your response EssEnAre.

Please follow the instructions below to uninstall the drivers:

1.  Disconnect the printer from the computer.
2.  Click the Windows [Start] button and select [All Programs].
3.  Click the [Canon] folder.
4.  Select the [MF Toolbox], then select [Uninstall Toolbox]. Complete the uninstallation program.
5.  Go back to the [Canon] folder, and then select [D400-420 Series].
6.  Select [MF Driver Uninstaller].  Complete the uninstallation program.
7.  Restart the computer.

If uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and software do not resolve the issue, I recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

After the re-install ALL other scanning programs, including windows 7's Fax and Scan recognizes and scans without any problems. However I did notice that all these programs recognize the scanner as WIA Canon D400-450. Although I am getting by but I really liked the functionality of the Toolbox. I am still getting the same old error with the Toolbox.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements