cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass D1550/1520 pulling paper crooked and crumpling right edge of pages

taxeswithheld
Apprentice

I am using an ImageClass D1520: paper crumples / rips when paper is being pulled from the paper tray. 

Issue:

1) Copy printed crooked

2) Right edge of paper crumples/tears - obviously due to being pulled into path crooked

Problem-solving attempts:

1) Opened brand new pack of paper (we go thru new reams daily so paper does not sit unopened for more than a few hours)

2) Have tried a different brand of paper

3) Checked the paper guides on side and back in paper tray

4) Paper is not loaded above back guides in tray

Seems to improve as the paper is used and is less in the tray.

Any ideas that may help? Appreciate it!

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If the paper feeds in crooked and you have already tried adjusting the paper guides, it sounds like there is something in the paper feed path or there is something wrong with the paper feed. In this situation you can use the steps in the link provided HERE to check for locations that paper can jam. You can check those locations for small pieces of paper or obstructions in the paper feed path. Pay close attention to the side of the printer that rips the paper.

If you do not see any obstructions, it does sound like there is a problem with the printer. In that situation, you can check your service options by logging into your Canon account using the link HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

NOPE

LINCOPC
Apprentice

6/14/21

HAVE SAME EXACT ISSUE AFTER HOURS , I SEEM TO FIND ,IF THE MACHINES HAS BEEN IDLE THIS ISSUE HAPPENS. WHEN I UN 20+ PAGES PROBLES SEEMS TO STOP.

FOR SURE IT IS THE IMPUT AREAS AT OR BEFORE THE REGISTRATION ASSY. (PRINTS CROOKED.)

2 SETS OF PICK UP ROLLARS  REMOVED REGISTRATIONASSY , CLEAN SEEMS OK,  ALSO STRIPPED PAPER TRAY  FOUND OK..  

RAN ALCOHOL PAG THRU ENTIRE PAPER PATHS CAM OUT CLEAN.

I'M AT A LOSS .ONE OF A FEW IN 60 YEARS. LET ME KNOW  ANY THING YOU FOUND OUT.

KEN

Announcements