cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageCLASS MF232w: Can SCAN from MacBook Pro but not from the printer itself.

egrolman
Apprentice

Hi,

There is no problem using the printer's scanner from my laptop, but when I try and scan from the printer/scanner itself, it asks to identify the computer, and it keeps telling me to connect the computer without recognizing the laptop. Have shut off/started again. I downloaded all appropriate drivers. Clearly the two devices are recognizing each other bc I CAN initiate and complete a scan from the laptop.. Am running Mojave 10.14.6 on MacBook Pro. Appreciate the help.

Ellen

4 REPLIES 4

Darius
Whiz

Hi egrolman.

If you haven't already done so, download and install the Scanner Driver & Utilities from the MF232 Drivers & Downloads page.

If those have already been installed, and the printer is still unable to find the computer on the network, then check that the security software and settings on the computer are not blocking the printer from controlling scanning.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The driver is installed andI'm still prompted on the printer to "connect computer." Again, I can scan from my laptop but not the printer itself. DOn't think any settings on my Macbook are blocking the process

egrolman
Apprentice

Hello,

My new MF232w readout says ...scanning, but nothing happens. And the processing data light is lit. All drivers are installed and I can scan from my Macbook without problem. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi egrolman.

Check the Documents folder in your computer's user library.  If the scan files arne't showing up there, check the settings in the MF Scan Utility to verify which folder is receiving the sent images or PDFs.  If the scans are not being delivered to the preset folder(s), then the computer's security settings and/or security software is blocking the scan information originating from the printer, and you'll need to contact the computer's support for assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements