Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Image Class D420 always prints 2-sided

Hello,

With the most recent OS update for Mac (Catalina 10.15.3), my ImageClass D420 is stuck printing double sided. I have installed the latest driver, uninstalled and re-installed the printer from settings, but still no luck. Prior to the latest update, it I could only print single sided. The option to select Two-Sided in the print layout has always been greyed out. Any advice? Thanks.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Image Class D420 always prints 2-sided

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

Are you using Catalina specific drivers for your D420?

Drivers for this OS are avaialble here.  I would suggest removing the printer, uninstalling the current software or driver and restarting the system.  Then install the drivers for OSX Catalina.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-im...

You will need both UFRII / UFRII LT Printer...  and the Scanner Driver and Uilities for MAC. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the recommendation. I repeated the install, following your direction, but still have the same problem. Everything else seems to work fine, The two-sided option is grayed out (unselectable), but it always prints duplex.
Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

Hi ronmerrill.

When removing and then reinstalling the printer, it's important to ensure you are selecting the Canon-produced drivers in the Use Driver drop-down.  If you're only seeing a single-column list of available printers, select Add New Printer or Scanner to open the Add window.  In the Use Driver drop-down, select the driver that lists the printer's model or series number.

If the printer is installed using the Canon-produced drivers, and still experiencing this problem, make sure you're using the driver V10.19.2 [Drivers & Downloads page].

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.