cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Class MF644CDW Unable to Scan to Computer

wooduck
Apprentice

I'm finding that the printer is consistently not able to scan from the printer to the computer when connected via wifi.

When I first start the computer up, it works fine, but I think after the computer has gone to sleep and is re-awoken, the printer no longer is able to scan and gives the message "Connect the computer".

The funny thing is it can still scan from the computer using the scan utility, so it still is able to communicate with it.

Seems like there is something on the printer side of things that is not maintaining the connection to the computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wooduck
Apprentice

OK I spoke to technical support and what ended up resolving it was re-installing the printer drivers - which you can get from the Canon website when you search for your printer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

wooduck
Apprentice

OK I spoke to technical support and what ended up resolving it was re-installing the printer drivers - which you can get from the Canon website when you search for your printer.

Mountain_High
Apprentice

I have a MacBook laptop.  I kept getting "unable to connect to computer" when using the MF Scan Utility app.

I updated my OS software to the latest version (Sonoma, OS14) first.  Removed the old printer and scanner drivers.  Then installed the printer and scanner drivers for the new OS software.  Tried the MD Scan Utility app again -- same message.

On the operating panel of the printer, I saw a box, Firmware Update, so I clicked that and the update took place.

I then noticed in System Settings>Printers and Scanners>my printer, in that box, I noticed in the upper right corner a button that said "Open Scanner ...".  I clicked that and a new box called Image Capture came up.  It had the scan set up settings you find in the Utility, but slightly differently arrayed.  I set that up and voila, it finally scanned.

Note that using the operating panel still does not work:  It still says "Connect to Computer".

Announcements