Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Class MF269dw Scanner Issues

HolDav
Contributor

Printer: ImageClass MF269dw 

2 Issues: (1) Scanning from Printer (2) Scanning via windows fax/scanner app

(1) When I try and scan from the printer using the screen, I get a message on my PC, "Warning:  MF Scan Utility that is supported by the scanner you are using may not be installed on your computer.  Install the appropriate MF Scan Utility, and then perform the operation again".  So obviously it IS looking to scan to my computer.  On the printer it just says, "Error"

Here's what I have done:

(A) Downloaded, updated and installed all drivers

(B) Checked that the Cannon MF Scanner Network Selector appears under the Cannon folder in the start menu

(C) Uninstalled and reinstalled the whole printer

I'm still getting the same error issues.  

(2) Windows Fax/Scan App.  For some reason, it treats each sheet as an individual jpg, rather than as one whole scan.  Bizarre.

It does work via the SCAN only app.  However, I'd also like to be able to scan from the front of the printer panel, if possible?  (I don't really care about the Windows Fax/Scan App and just put that in there, in case the problems are related to underlying coding).

Thanks,

Holly

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi HolDav.

The MF Scanner Selector allows Canon software to select the scanner from which you're pulling images. It is not intself scanning software.  For that you will need the MF Scan Utility.  It's available, free of charge, on the MF269dw Drivers & Downloads page.  If installing the MF Scan Utility does not eliminate the error when scanning from the MF269dw itself, make sure the security software on the computer is allowing the MF Scan Utility to communicate on your local area network.

Regarding Windows Fax/Scan, that is Microsoft software, and so we're unable to provide support for its use.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry, my first post should have read "DOWNLOADED ALL DRIVERS AND UTILITIES'.  Installed them all.  Troubleshot them all.  Used the somewhat poorly written manual which is not specific even to this device, but to the whole MFXXX class of printers.  

Have checked security software and no conflict or communication/firewall issues.

Next options?

Hey there!

If you've downloaded the drivers and software, and reached the extent of your troubleshooting, you may need to contact our US-based phone support team for one-on-one help.

You'll find your personalized support options from within your My Canon Account at canon.us/account

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements