cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPF610 Low ink overide?

Cambo
Apprentice

Hi, I'm needing to get a set of black and white line drawings plotted for a client and the printer has become low on yellow ink and stopping me from printing anything.  Whilst I order some fresh ink and wait for it...... how do I overide the ink level detection so that I can get these prints to my client?  There is about 5ml of yellow left in the tank so this print run won't run it dry 🙂  Thanks for any help, I've seached high and low.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Cambo,

It is recommended that you contact Canon's Contact Center to speak with a Technical Support Representative for further assistance.  There is NO charge for this call.  Please dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays.  A Technical Support Representative will assist you via phone.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm affaid not, I think there is some firmware logic that needs updating.  If the ink runs low the printer stops printing but the option to overide ink detection only comes up when the ink is empty so you never get a chance to carry on printing in circumstances like this when you don't have ink but need to carry on printing.

Announcements