cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAGECLASS MF8380CDW WINDOWS 7

NJGADB
Apprentice

We have a Canon Imageclass MF8380cdw for our Windows 7 office computer.

We had some phone problems and I switched my desk in the office to compensate because the phones interfered with my internet and cut the phone line out.... 

Then the printer, which has NEVER had a problem since I've been with my company, would take forever to print. Now it's not printing at all. I have deleted and reinstalled (deleted EVERYTHING and reinstalled EVERYTHING) and it's still not working. The Wifi light was on (before i disabled wireless) and the IP/subnet/gateway was set up right. I have tried using services.msc for print spool, using the command prompt for the 'printui' or whatever. We have replaced the router as well with no help. I have SCOURED the internet and tried everything I have found and I still cannot find a solution that fixes my problem. 

Now I'm getting annoyed, I've been dealing with computers and printers my entire life and it seems I only have problems with the Canon printers as I've had these same issues with the one I had at home. However no matter what I try nothing is working. 

Green check mark saying default printer ready pops up but as SOON as I print it goes to the "!". When it's troubleshooted, microsoft found a problem with the print in queue stopping the printing, so it deletes it out but then nothing. If I try to print, it's the same cycle over and over. 

I can scan and copy usually with no problems except sometimes making copies lags and I have to turn it off and back on again to try again.

Someone PLEASE help! I cannot go much longer without the ability to print.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, NJGADB!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET (5 AM to 5 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I am on the phones most of the day and do not have time to go through this process.

NJGADB
Apprentice

We had to hire a computer tech to come in and fix the issue. Issue was a mix between a bad cord and the printer itself. We are already seriously considering replacing with a different brand, no offense but thank you for your lack of support on your support forums. I would think you have more than just a couple people skimming through posts from people that actually require help. I will be sure to recommend everyone stay away from Canon unless they're okay with having to pay someone else to fix their problem when there is a whole support forum that goes unanswered for the most part.

Announcements