cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I receive an error code:5,157,69 when I try to scan using my MX922. It is connected via wireless

tjv_florida
Apprentice

I have my new MX922 connected to my home network via wireless. When I attempt to scan photos I receive an error message stating that the scanning software was unable to communicate with the scanner. Code:5,157,69.

I have no issues when printing or faxing it is only the scanning function. I am using the Canon supplied software - My Image Garden - to do the scan.

Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

i have the same error codes using either wired or wireless LAN

Windows 10, Avast AV disabled, Firewall disabled. No resolve.

Any updated on this? I am running Windows 10 and am getting the same error codes when I try to scan. 

nich_kw
Apprentice

I tried using paint to scan with and it works, but I would like to be able to scan to a pdf file.  I am using Windows 10 64x.

Hello.

Try reinstalling the drivers to see if this will resolve your issue.

If the error persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sithokozile
Apprentice
Same here

sybotts
Apprentice

sybotts
Apprentice

I ahve  2 canon printers that have scanning capabilities. When I scan on one of  the prnters I am unable to connects to the other printer if I want to use it to scan, How do I connect the the printer that is not connected to the scanner?

Announcements