cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to print double-sided to a 4x6 postcard on a MF8380cdw from Word on Mac OS X

Duckbert
Apprentice

I need to print double-sided to a 4x6 postcard on a MF8380cdw from Word on Mac OS X. The display in Word looks just like I want it to be on the postcard. The page size in Word page setup is postcard. I even tried a custom 4x6 paper size on the printer, but I still get the error light when I try to print.

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Duckbert.

I will be able to assist you.

You may need to adjust  the paper settings directly at the imageCLASS MF8380Cdw to match the 4" x 6" size in Word? Please follow the instructions below to adjust the paper settings:

***Please note that the instructions are for the Multipurpose Tray. Follow Steps 1 and 5 - 9 to set the paper cassette tray.***

1. Press (Select Paper/Settings).

2. Scroll to [Paper Settings], and then press [OK].

3. Scroll to [Multi-purpose Tray], and then press [OK].

4. Scroll to [ON], and then press [OK].

5. Scroll to [Paper Settings], and then press [OK].

6. Scroll to [Multi-purpose Tray], and then press [OK].

7. Scroll to [Set Details], and then press [OK].

8. Scroll to [Custom], and then press [OK].

Specifies the size of <X> direction and <Y> direction of the custom paper:

(A) Select the direction with the Up or Down arrow keys, and then press [OK].

(B) Specify the size with Up or Down arrow keys, and then press [OK].

You can also enter values using the numeric keys.

(C) Select <Apply>, and then press [OK].

9. Scroll to select the [Heavy Paper] setting that matches the weight of the postcard, and then press [OK].

If you still experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements