cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to print double-sided to a 4x6 postcard on a MF8380cdw from Word on Mac OS X

Duckbert
Apprentice

I need to print double-sided to a 4x6 postcard on a MF8380cdw from Word on Mac OS X. The display in Word looks just like I want it to be on the postcard. The page size in Word page setup is postcard. I even tried a custom 4x6 paper size on the printer, but I still get the error light when I try to print.

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Duckbert.

I will be able to assist you.

You may need to adjust  the paper settings directly at the imageCLASS MF8380Cdw to match the 4" x 6" size in Word? Please follow the instructions below to adjust the paper settings:

***Please note that the instructions are for the Multipurpose Tray. Follow Steps 1 and 5 - 9 to set the paper cassette tray.***

1. Press (Select Paper/Settings).

2. Scroll to [Paper Settings], and then press [OK].

3. Scroll to [Multi-purpose Tray], and then press [OK].

4. Scroll to [ON], and then press [OK].

5. Scroll to [Paper Settings], and then press [OK].

6. Scroll to [Multi-purpose Tray], and then press [OK].

7. Scroll to [Set Details], and then press [OK].

8. Scroll to [Custom], and then press [OK].

Specifies the size of <X> direction and <Y> direction of the custom paper:

(A) Select the direction with the Up or Down arrow keys, and then press [OK].

(B) Specify the size with Up or Down arrow keys, and then press [OK].

You can also enter values using the numeric keys.

(C) Select <Apply>, and then press [OK].

9. Scroll to select the [Heavy Paper] setting that matches the weight of the postcard, and then press [OK].

If you still experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements