cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use POP to query email account to print emails?

amenard
Apprentice

We are using SMTP Authentication and "Scan and Send" to send an email to a fax server from a Canon C5550i. We have not been successful in setting up POP to query the email account (G Suite for Education) to print the confirmation email. Any advice?

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Tell me if I understand your issue.

You are using the "Scan and Send" feature on a C5550i to send scanned documents to a Fax service, but are unable to have the Fax confirmation pages sent to a G-Suite address?

Is this what you meant?

G-Suite uses ports 465 or 587 as its outgoing IMAP or SMTP server. It require SSL or STARTTLS authentication. If these are not configurable options on your printer, you cannot send confirmation emails to a G-Suite account from the printer. 

FYI - You may also have to enable "Allow Less Secure Apps" in your G Mail accout settings to use relay from the printer or Fax service.  Goole that term and you'll find it.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

No. The "Scan and Send" feature on the C5550i successfully sends the scanned documents via a gmail account to a Fax server using SMTP authentication with that gmail account. But, I also want the C5550i to query that same gmail account inbox to pull down new email messages.  These new email messages are the "confirmation" email of a successful fax transmissio from the fax server.

Thats one "heck" of a printer if it supports inbox query and download of emails.  And you believe this feature is supported?  Does its documentation say this is supported or is this just something you were hoping for? 

I not aware of any printer that support this.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

My dealer thinks it should work but has been unsuccessful so far.

Danny

Hi, amenard!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Announcements