cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LBP6000 & 6030w will not take replacement toners. Nightmare.

bbe
Apprentice

Hello, I'll try to make a long story short.

I have a Canon LBP6000. I was running low so I bought a replacement 125 toner. Toner came and it didn't work. It caused the printer to just run/hum and beep. The printer normally makes a little running sound when you turn it on and then it stops and is ready to print. Well, when the replacement is installed it just keeps on running and will not sit idle. It will also beep. It's as if the toner is not being recognized. I thought the toner was defective so I bought another one from a different seller. That one came and the same problem. Printer just hums and will not print or function with the replacement installed. It's running continuously and overheating when the replacement is in and will not shut off unless I turn it off. It will not print or do anything. Just runs. Kind of gargles.

Seeing as there was nothing wrong with the printer before, I didn't see why anything would be wrong with it now just from buying a replacement toner but I figured that two replacement toners not working from two different sellers had to be the printer and not the toners I got from these sellers.

So I went and bought a Canon LBP6030w. A near identical printer that also takes the 125 toner.

Well, the toners do not work in this one either.

I have now bought 6 Canon 125 toners from 6 different sellers that will not work in these units. These printers will only work with the starter toners that come with them. I can take the starter out of the 6000 and put it in the 6030 or in the reverse and they work fine. I'm currently printing on the LBP6000 with the toner that came with the new 6030w. However, any form of replacement will not work. I have official Canon toners and bootlegs. Doesn't matter either way. They look identical to the starter but do not function.

What in the world is wrong here? Never seen anything like this. Printers that can't accept replacements. Crazy.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements