cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print envelopes on Canon Image Class MF462DW

joshw239
Apprentice

Hello, can anyone help me with how to print envelopes on a Canon Image Class MF462DW machine?  I can get it setup in word but can not figure out where to load the No. 10 envelopes so it prints each one.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I typically use the MPF and load one at a time.  I only print 2-3 envelopes per year 😃.  I use WORD too.  When I do Christmas cards I print clear labels (about 100 at a time). 

On your printer, you will use the MPT (Multipurpose Tray.  This is accessible by opening the cover on the front of the printer.

See this:

Loading Paper - Canon - imageCLASS MF465dw / MF462dw - User's Guide (Product Manual)

On your device the MPT has a capacity of 100 sheets.  I don't know about envelops.  You need to stack and align them, then press them flat (get the air out) and put them in flap side down on the left.  Note WORD has its own orientation settings too, so I'd test with one envelope first to ensure you have the envelope orientation correct.  Then try 10, 20, 30 up to 100.  Note The thickness and type of envelope might affect capacity.  Number 10's vs heavy weight, foil lined etc. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I typically use the MPF and load one at a time.  I only print 2-3 envelopes per year 😃.  I use WORD too.  When I do Christmas cards I print clear labels (about 100 at a time). 

On your printer, you will use the MPT (Multipurpose Tray.  This is accessible by opening the cover on the front of the printer.

See this:

Loading Paper - Canon - imageCLASS MF465dw / MF462dw - User's Guide (Product Manual)

On your device the MPT has a capacity of 100 sheets.  I don't know about envelops.  You need to stack and align them, then press them flat (get the air out) and put them in flap side down on the left.  Note WORD has its own orientation settings too, so I'd test with one envelope first to ensure you have the envelope orientation correct.  Then try 10, 20, 30 up to 100.  Note The thickness and type of envelope might affect capacity.  Number 10's vs heavy weight, foil lined etc. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

perfect thank you so much for the help. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements