02-16-2013 01:13 PM
Finally got my Pixma MX 420 into my wireless network with new laptop and Windows 8. I can't find the scanner functions like it had before on two of my old computers. How do I get the scanner window back?
02-25-2013 06:51 PM
The scanner function is available through the bundled software that comes with the printer. Since you have Windows 8, you probably needed to download the drivers from our website. You can download the scanning software, MP Navigator, from our website. I will include instructions to download below.
Please perform the following to download the software from our website:
1. Visit Canon's web site at:
2. Click on SUPPORT & DRIVERS. On the Support & Drivers page, select your model in the following manner:
a. From the first menu, select PRINTERS & MULTIFUNCTIONS.
b. From the second menu, select PIXMA MX SERIES.
c. From the third menu, click DRIVERS & SOFTWARE beside the PIXMA MX420.
3. Select Windows using the drop down menu SELECT OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION, then select your version of Windows 8 using the SELECT OS VERSION drop down box.
4. Click SOFTWARE.
5. Click on MP Navigator EX.
6. Instructions for completing the download and installation will appear on the page that follows. You will also see a disclaimer at the bottom. Review the disclaimer, and click I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD.
7. Once the download is complete, double click on the downloaded file to start the installation. Follow the onscreen instructions to install.