cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I replace an ink cartridge on my MB2720 when it's not low enough?

Nictip
Apprentice

Hello, I received a Maxify MB2720 from someone on Craigslist a few months ago. I recently replaced the color cartridges, but black didn't need replaced yet. I printed one of three sheets that I need for tomorrow as a test sheet and it came out great, so I printed the other two sheets and they came out pink! The black is showing low, but seems to be printing okay (with a few streaks here and there) but most of the colors are just printing in a pink hue. I have searched for a solution and can't find one that works for me. I can't access my ink cartridges - since they aren't low they wont slide out when I open the front of the printer. I have printed two test pages, one print nozzle check pattern, and one head alignment value. (hope I got those named correctly...) I'm not sure what else to do. I would love to be able to check the ink cartridges to see if maybe there is a sticker stuck on them, but I can't access them. Any Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Cartidges cannot be removed or inspected without installing a new cartridge.  Once removed, a cartridge will not be read again by the printer.  A pink or magenta cast can be a sign of double color management.  This occurs when you allow both the printer driver and the application you are printing from to manage colors.  It looks similar to this.

DCM.png  

I don't necessarily think this is your issue based on the description.  It sounds like you have a clogged cartridge, printhead or are using old ink?  I'd perform one or more cleanings and then another nozzle check pattern.  Prints should not have streaking (even little ones). 

Please review the following for additional help:

Canon : MAXIFY Manuals : MB2700 series : Maintenance Procedure

If that doesn't help, I'd contact Canon.   1-800-652-2666

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello! Thank you for your reply! I ended up doing a nozzle head cleaning even though I didn't think I needed to, and then I let it sit overnight and printed what I needed in the morning and it worked! I was very relieved. I had been so excited to finally have a color printer for this very reason and then it wasn't going to work! (I was printing invites for my son's birthday party, and then I was later able to print out almost ALL the decorations that I purchased online, instead of asking other family members to do it for me. This will allow me to be ready for the party earlier than I normally am! Sorry, you don't care that much, but I'm just excited. Hahahaha)

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Glad I could help, and actually I do care.  😉  We like happy endings.  I appreciate the feedback.

Enjoy the weekend!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements