cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Trouble with a Canon MF641cw

Patriotwarrior
Apprentice

I purchased a Canon multifunction laser printer and have been having trouble with it ever since. anytime I reset my network I had to re-add the printer. Finally, I assigned it a static IP address which did work for a time but it back to the same issue. Additionally, since I upgraded to OS 10.15.5 I lost connection with the printer. I am unable to discover using Bonjour or AirPrint on mobile devices. I successfully added the printer to my MacBook using the IP address but still cannot AirPrint.

I recently downloaded the latest printer drivers. There are no firmware updates for mac.

Any suggestions to fix this ongoing issue?  

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi Patriotwarrior.

Are you iOS devices connected to the wifi over 5G connections?  The MF641Cw is only capable of wifi on a standard 2.4 GHz connection.  This often causes problems for automatic detection, as can connecting through a network with multiple subnets.  If the iPad or iPhone is connecting through 5G, try switching to the standard connection before using it with the printer.

To verify whether the network is allowing communications, try opening the printer's Remote UI.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements