cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a paper jammed in the ADF -of my MF4890dw. The paper ripped and I cannot access the remnants.

avchambers
Apprentice

I have some paper jammed in the automatic document feeder on my MF4890dw. I followed the steps in the support dicument (http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=64055) but the paper ripped at step 6 ( the paper is very thin). I have little bits of ripped and crumpled paper stuck in the feeder and I cannot get it out by pulling. I think the feeder needs to be disassembled so I can pick those bits of paper out. Do you think that's true? Are there instructions somewhere that i can access that describes how to properly disassemble the ADF so I can take the paper bits out? Does the service manual (which I've found for purchase online) describe it?

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi avchambers.

We do not recommend that you disassemble the imageCLASS MF4890dw.  If you are unable to remove any of the remaining paper, please contact our telephone technical support department at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and a representative will be able to assist you further.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements