Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Have a MF8580cdw have a cannot print rx data error - help

We have a MF8580cdw printer, and came in this morning to find the red error code blinking - it says cannot print rx data. How do I fix this?

Product Expert

Re: Have a MF8580cdw have a cannot print rx data error - help

Hi EISSOLAR.

I will be able to assist you.

This error appears when the machine attempts to receive a fax when the toner is low.  You will need to enable the "Continue Printing When Toner is Low" function.  Please follow the instructions below to perform this operation.

1.  Press [Menu].

2.  Scroll to [Fax Settings], and then press [OK].

3.  Scroll to [RX Print Settings], and then press [OK].

4.  Scroll to [Con't Printing When Toner is Low], and then press [OK].

5.  Highlight [On], and then press [OK].

Once the function is enabled, you will be able to receive faxes.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Connot print RX data errer.Conon MF8580cdw

New Contributor

-Be sure to check your paper settings. While trying to print photos from the multipurpose tray, I accidently set the main paper tray for heavy bond 23-26 and it brought about all sorts of problems, incl no faxes (RX data thing). I set it for plain 19-23 bond and all the problems went away.