cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX7021 Sold as New on Amazon - Is Used. What Can I Do?

PayItfForward
Apprentice

I wanted to share my experience and seek assistance regarding an issue with a recent purchase. I have owned two Canon printers thus far, and they have been fantastic. The first one, in particular, has been exceptional—it printed for what seemed like forever without needing a refill, and I hardly ever had to replace the maintenance cartridge. This first printer has lasted well over three years, enduring multiple employers, businesses, and companies, and it still works perfectly to this day.

Given my positive experience, I decided to purchase another Canon printer for a different office location. However, the new printer I received was quite disappointing. Right out of the box, it did not look new. It had dents, dings, and surface scratches all over the body. When I checked the ink cartridges, they were not sealed in plastic casings as they usually are when new. Instead, the cartridges had stains and appeared to have been refilled.

Upon turning on the printer, I discovered that the maintenance cartridge was severely used, with only about 20-25% of its life left. The general wear and tear, especially on the printer’s wheels, suggest that it has already printed over 10,000 pages.

I’ve attached a picture below to show exactly what I’m seeing. This printer was advertised as new, but the condition indicates otherwise. This seems like false advertisement, and I paid just short of $600 for this printer, expecting a brand new product.

Can Canon support assist me in reaching out to the retailer to address this issue? Additionally, is there any action Canon can take regarding this false advertisement claim?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Online Version.png

Pictures of Condition.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Amazon.com Services, Inc. is a different company from Amazon.com.

You can see the complete list of Authorized Dealers HERE, and see that the company listed is "Amazon.com:"

Stephen_0-1721064014167.png

Your first course of action would be to consult Amazon to let them know you received a used piece of equipment and give them the opportunity to make the situation right. This wouldn't be considered a warranty claim because the unit isn't malfunctioning. Selling you a new product would be the seller's responsibility. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

What printer did you buy? What is the model number. 

Where did you buy it?  That's probably where you need to take up your grievance.  Did you purchase from a Canon authorized dealer?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Agreed, not mad at Canon, it's the dealer, this came from Amazon. 

GX7021

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

A mod told me today that Amazon manages a Canon Store on their site but Canon has no control over it or the merchants who sell there.  

Amazon itself is an authorized Canon dealer, but any product you buy must say ships from and sold by Amazon.  Canon doesn't sell used products, products with partially filled toners, or printers with partially used waste ink tanks.  

I would return the product as clearly used and repurchase.  If you're going to buy from Amazon, make sure that it's shipped and sold by them, you can also buy direct from the Canon USA store or B&H Photo.  If you're really in a pinch, Best Buy or Costco.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Shadowsports' advice is the thing to do. 

Agreed, but in this case, it doesn't apply, sadly; not sure how this happened with Amazon.Screenshot 2024-07-15 100755.png

Hey There, that is the crazy part, it was shipped and sold by Amazon. 

Screenshot 2024-07-15 100755.png

click here to view the gallery
Announcements