cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF753Cdw Faxes will not Print

fosterr
Apprentice

I have a Cannon image class MF753Cdw printer and fax machine which recently stopped printing faxes. It appeared that this was due to a low black toner cartridge, which was replaced with a non-canon cartridge. I was still unable to print faxes, however I can print from my phone via Bluetooth using my Wi-Fi and I can get the machine to do regular copying with no problem. I just cannot receive faxes. They continue to stay in my system, but will not print. I have tried rebooting and I have tried putting the old cartridge back in which shows 30% usefulness. I cannot understand what is going on and any assistance would be appreciated. I have emptied the Memory and tried to have faxes sent again, but they still just hold up in memory and will not print.

3 REPLIES 3

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

Try defaulting the 753 & set it up from scratch to see if that helps. 🤔

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Check the Memory Lock feature.  If enabled, Faxes will not print automatically:

Saving Received Documents in the Machine (Memory Lock) - Canon - imageCLASS MF753Cdw / MF751Cdw - Us...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Darrensc
Apprentice

It happened to me right after i changed to non-canon toner, because it doesnt recognize toner level so it wont print faxes.  But i found the fix!

go to menu/function settings/ “receive/Forward” / common settings/ continue print. When cart. Low / TURN IT ON!

Announcements