cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on adjust gradation for MF8580Cdw

adoucette
Contributor

Hello, I have a MF8580Cdw and cannot adjust the gradation. Both Full Adjust and Quick Adjust fail with a "Correction Failed" message. As I watch the process, it seems to whir along for a while and sounds like it tries to grab paper, but does not grab any paper to print, and then the error message appears. The printer is loaded with 20lb #2 Letter paper in both drawer and tray. The toners are new, and levels reported by printer as "OK". (I recently changed toner cartriges - which is the likely reason for the color being off and needing to run the gradation adjustment.) I also updated to newest firmware this morning, restarted printer, same result. I have printed documents and pictures, so no paper jam, and have just cleaned the transfer belt.

How can I fix this problem?

Thank you,

Ari

1 REPLY 1

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello adoucette,

I recommend contacting us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.  I understand that the forum may be your preferred method of communication; however, speaking with our telephone technical support group will be very beneficial in this case.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements