cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when starting up printer

vikramh
Apprentice

My parents' printer, a Canon imageCLASS MF644Cdw, is displaying an error message when pressing the power button to start up.

20210508_131145.jpg

When I turn the power OFF and then ON as instructed, it shows the same error message. My parents can't think of anything that would have caused the issue that they might have done.

I did a Google search and found this:

image_2021-05-15_134955.png

This is for a different Canon printer, but seems to apply to many different Canon printers as I saw the same error message mentioned for other printers including imageCLASS models. Is this something that will require service?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Vikramh,

That error would point to a hardware issue with the printer. It is an error that points to the electrical system or the printer over heated at one point. You can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on.

If the printer still gives you the same error, it would mean the printer needs service. You can use the link provided here to log into your Canon account to view your service options or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements