cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 10,201,11

Craddock01
Apprentice
We just purchased a Canon ImageClass MF249dw printer. It installed quickly and prints perfectly (replacing an older Canon ImageClass MF4570dn printer). We went to scan and received the above error code(s). A window titled MFSCANUTILITY pops up after the document has been scanned with the following message: A required file is missing or corrupted, or settings are incorrect. Try the installation again. Code:10,201,11. I realize this printer is not designed to be compatible with Windows XP version 5.1 SP3 (drivers not supported) but all other functions seem to work well. I uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted and still same issue. Any ideas how I might be able to get the scan function to work
3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Craddock01.

While we are glad to hear that the MF249dw is working well for you, we cannot guarantee that all of the functions will work on an unsupported operating system.   The printer does use the WIA and TWAIN drivers for scanning, so the only thing that I will be able to recommend is using a different scanning software.

If you need further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cmh5291
Apprentice

I also received the same error code but I was able to resolve the issue. I have Windows XP and just bought a MF236n printer/scanner. I receive the error code when I try to save the scanned document as a PDF. However, the scanning works if I save the document as a TIFF or PNG. Try that and hopefully it works for you too!

Same problem when printing to a pdf. It has always worked before and I have created many pdfs. I am using MACOS Monterey 12.1. Now it won't scan to a pdf.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements