cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code E733-005 - MF642Cdw

Chuck49
Apprentice

New printer that keeps getting this Data Error message code (E733-005).  Per repair manual, this indicates a communication error between the Main Controller PCB and the Engine Controller PCB.  Repeats frequently, although once cleared with hard restart, printer works fine.  Any ideas on a permanent fix?  Has anyone opened the panel and tried to confirm the connection between the PCB'S?  I'm pretty handy, but the online repair manual is a little sketchy on this.  

3 REPLIES 3

FL_Guy
Apprentice

I am having same problem.  It's actually E073-0005 error.  Installed it this past week and every day it spits out that error code.  Power Off/On clears it, but shows up again the next day.  

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Chuck49,

If you keep getting a PCB error and unplugging the printer and unplugging it back in resolves the issue, it would usually mean that the printer needs s firmware update or there is something wrong with the hardware.

You can check if the most current version of the firmware is installed and update it using the steps in the link provided HERE.

If you have updated the firmware and the issue persist or if the firmware is up to date, it would mean the printer needs service. You can contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666 or you can login to your Canon account using the link provided HERE to see what service options are available.

FL_Guy
Apprentice
I finally got ahold of Canon support. I had latest firmware, they are shipping out a replacement printer.
Announcements