cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error #806-Can't scan to file or use MF Scan Utility

freeindeed
Apprentice

This shouldn't be this hard.  I have MF741Cdw connected via WiFi to Windows 10 Educational computer.  I have removed the printer from Printers and reinstalled the 64bit drivers dated 8/17/2020 from Canon support website.  Firewall has made necessary adjustments.  I set up a new shared folder and a new user member of Administrators with full control for said folder.  I've used Remote UI to create Address Book entry for scan to file and scan to email and neither works.  Error #806 for the former and #839 for the latter. 

I've used Send Settings to make another Address Book entry for each, but to the Public folder.  These don't work either.

I've enabled SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support but not SNTP.

IPv6 is off.

What needs to be changed for this to work?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Freeindeed,

The #839 error for scanning would usually mean that the scanner does not have permission to access the folder that it sent the file to. To scan to that folder, you would need to apply any user names and passwords needed to access the folder. You can use the steps in the link found HERE to change the setting. The user name and password can be entered into the box labeled C in the instructions.

If you continue to have issues, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with checking the settings used to access the folder.

Announcements