cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENVELOPE PRINTING LAYOUT

Maestro1
Contributor

I just acquired a new computer, and got it connected to my CANON MF232W printer.

Today I tried to print on size 10 envelopes, and both the return address and delivery address printed way too low on the envelope. I did not have this problem with my old computer - this has only happened with my new computer.

Can anybody tell me what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

KDanielsson
Apprentice

Has this been answered?  
I am having the same problem.  HELP!!!

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi Maestro1,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Thank you for your inquiry, and welcome to the Canon Forums. We appreciate your participation, however, for the community to best assist you can you provide us with the following information:

1.  Operating System of the computer?

2.  Is the printer connected via USB or WiFi?

3.  Did you download and install the drivers and software for new computer?

4.  What program is being used to print envelopes?

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If this is required, we will have to recommend that you call our telephone support group. Please call 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A representative will be able to further assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your response.

1. Windows
2. The printer is set up for WiFi but, I am connected to it USB.

3. Yes, I did download and installed both.

4. Word

I tried to call the number you are providing but, it ends up asking to call back with the same infiormation I already gave it and hangs up.

Thank you,

Kim D

Hello, Kdanielsson,

If you have setup the windows computer for network use but are now using it via USB, I would suggest uninstalling the drivers and then reinstalling them while selecting the USB connection. To uninstall the driver, you can follow the steps below.

1. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in control panel and click OK.
  2. Select the option for programs and features.
  3. Select the MF232 dirvers and then select uninstall.
  4. Disconnect the USB cable.
  5. You can download the Drivers for the printer from the link HERE. You can click select and then download next to the driver that is under recommended drivers.
  6. During the install, you can select the option for USB and then connect the cable when prompted in the setup.
  7. Once the install is complete, you can try printing again to see if the position improves.

To provide additional trouble shooting steps or more precise instructions we would need a little more information. If you could reply with the specific version of Windows, we will be able to assist further.

Thank you for the attempt to help me out.  I followed your instructions and it still will not print the envelope correctly.  The return address is about 1 inch down from where it should be.  The the other address is in the middle and at the very bottom of the envelope.

I need to print a lot of envelopes and I am still writting them by hand.

Kim

I am having the same problem.  All envelopes print 1" or more below where they should be from the top.  This is new.

I had also already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers from the Canon website.  Nothing changed.  What gives?

I am having the same envelope printing issues with my Canon MF247dw.  The return and to addresses are both about an inch below where they should be.  I've uninstalled drivers and reinstalled.  No change.  I see several community postings about this same/similar issue.  This USED to work...something changed and Canon tech needs to solve this problem.  PLEASE

Windows 10 Home 

Announcements