cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Feed scans are scrambled

bznbuilder
Apprentice

I've had my MF731C for about 6 weeks. For the first 3 weeks, everything worked fine. Then when I scan with the doc feeder, I get a totally scrambled image. Flatbed works fine, firmware is up to date, printer is fine. Even tried using the feed scanner with other computers and got same result. Nothing changed other than the results of the scanner... Please help. Screen shot below....Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 12.37.51 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2

bznbuilder
Apprentice

Had my printer about 2 months. Everything was working fine, then the auto feed scanner started producing weirdness. Updated firmware, changed computers, restarted...same issue. Everything else on the machine works fine. Flatbed scan works fine. Please help...

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 12.37.51 PM.png

Hi bznbuilder.

Does this issue happen when making a copy using the document feeder? Also, do all of your computers run macOS? If so, please start the scan using the IJ Scan Utility and verify if the image is distorted when using the document feeder:

We look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements