cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default 1- or 2-sided

kenelder
Contributor

My new MF743CDW defaults to printing 2-sided from all programs including Word and Excel. Even when I tell Word or Excel to print a document 1-sided, it defaults to printing the next document 2-sided. How can I change the default to 1-sided printing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Most if not all printer manufacturers have changed their drivers to this default behavior.  Save a tree or something... 

Two places this can be changed to default.

One is on the printer's Control Panel.

The other is on the Printer's Driver. 

Making the change in either location will permanently change the default printing behavior from 2 sided to 1 side per page.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Most if not all printer manufacturers have changed their drivers to this default behavior.  Save a tree or something... 

Two places this can be changed to default.

One is on the printer's Control Panel.

The other is on the Printer's Driver. 

Making the change in either location will permanently change the default printing behavior from 2 sided to 1 side per page.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick. I had tried using the printer's control panel but was not able to figure out how to change defaults. After getting your reply I tried using the printer driver and it worked!

cynthiab
Apprentice

I have my Mac attached to a Canon imageClass D420 running Catalina 10.15.7 and tried this. I made the change, as you can see in this screen grab. It still prints on both sides. 

What am I doing wrong?

Cynthia

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 2.33.49 PM.png

Announcements