cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and Scan is Blank

zarrmot
Apprentice

My printer 8580 CDW also stopped copying and scanning. The original processes normally but the copy comes out completely blank.  I saw many other posts but no one had a fix.  It is not toners as printing still functions perfectly. It must be software,

Does anyone have a fix??

3 REPLIES 3

James_C

Hi zarrmot         

There is a firmware update that we recommend doing to resolve the issue.

You can download and install drivers and software for your printer by following the steps below.

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type  imageCLASS MF8580Cdw  in the "Enter a Model Name" box and click search.

3.  On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers& Downloads' link in the middle of the page.

4.  Select "Operating System"

5.  Under the "Firmware" tab section click on the file named [Windows] MF8580Cdw Firmware Update Tool (V04.08)" After reading the details and disclaimer, click 'I Agree to terms.  Download and save the file to your computer.  Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to begin the installation. 

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having the same issue and I've just updated the firmware also. Scans and Copies are just blank, prints just fine. I'm a computer technician by trade still have yet to figure out why this printer does this. I would like to repair instead of throwing this printer out, if there is a known hardware issue that would cause this. I've read a few posts here that someone had bought a second printer and it worked fine for about a year then just started doing the same thing again?

Udi2000
Apprentice

I have an MFC8080CW printer with the same issue. I updated the firmware to the latest found on Canon USA site, but it was not fixed.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements