Did you mean: 

Connecting a ImageClass MF269 to a Mac

StevenM
Apprentice

My computer won't recognize the machine - anyone out there who can help

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, StevenM!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS is running on your Mac and whether your computer and your imageCLASS MF269dw talk to each other via Wi-Fi or via a USB cable. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

StevenM
Apprentice

10.14.6 Mojove because I'm sick and tired of all the tinkering Apple is doing that screws up everything.  WiFi

Thanks back at you.

Hello StevenM,

If the Mac is unable to connect via USB or over a network, you can try resetting the printing system and then installing the printer drivers. 

1. Disconnect any USB cables between the printer and computer.
  2. Click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners.
  3. Right click on a blank portion of the printer list and select reset printing system.
  4. Download the MF Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh from our site using the link HERE. It will be the first file in the list of drivers and downloads and you can double click the downloaded file to begin the installation.
  5. Connect the printer to the computer with the USB cable or you can connect the printer to your network using the steps in the link HERE.
  6. Click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners.
  7. Click the + at the bottom of the list to add a printer.

If you are still unable to detect the printer, you can check the Mac's network settings to see if both devices are on the same network. If you continue to have issues, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

Announcements