cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageClass MF8080Cw - not scanning but prints docs

MF8080Cw
Apprentice

I have a new HP Laptop, Windows10. My Printer is in subject line.  Installed drivers from Canon.  Control Panel shows: Canon MF8000C Series UFRII LT.  Windows 10 "Fax and Scan Pgm" shows scanner: MF8000C series.  Clicking on "new scan" there is no communication between the laptop to printer not even error messages.  However, I can print.  Any suggestions or recommendations are so welcomed. ty.

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If you have installed the drivers for the MF8080Cw, there will be a scanner program called the MF Toolbox in your list of programs. That program will be able to communicate with the scanner and you can use it with the steps provided in the link HERE.

If you do not see the MF Toolbox in your list of programs or are unable to find it by searching for the program. You can try reinstalling the [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF8080Cw MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear) and the [Windows 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan (Windows 8/8.1/10 using the link provided HERE.

If you are still unable to scan or you can't locate the MF toolbox scanner program, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Thank you.  I will certainly  give this a try.

Announcements