cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageCLASS MF726Cdw cannot install software

hickpop
Contributor

My scan stopped working since my last driver update, so I found a patch the was supposed to solve the problem. It did not.

I am using Windows 10. I have tried using the printer without the downloaded driver. Windows recognizes the printer, but it does not print or scan.

So I am now trying to reinstall the driver.

I have uninstalled everything associated with this printer. I have removed the printer from the settings. I have removed every Canon folder from my hard drive. And have subsequently rebooted.

When I attempt to install the sottware I get a message that says "The following printer of the same model is already using the specified port. Do you want to add a new printer anyway?" I say yes, then I get a message that says "Could not install the printer driver. Try to install again".

I tried installing with the printer on and off.

How do I remove the old info so I can reinstall the driver? Is there a way to reset the printer to factory settings? Would that solve the problem?

3 REPLIES 3

James_C

Hi hickpop  

You will need to delete the driver from the Print Server Properties window.  Please follow the steps below to remove the driver:
 1.  Open the [Devices and Printers] window.
 2.  Left-click, one time, on the Microsoft XPS Document Writer or the Send To One Note devices.
 3.  Click Print Server Properties in the Menu Bar.  (You will see "Add a device", "Add a printer", "See what's printing" and "Print server properties".)
 4.  Click on the [Drivers] tab.
 5.  Select the Canon drivers, then click [Remove].
 6.  Select "Remove Driver and Driver Package".
 7.  Click "OK".  (You may receive a message stating that the Package could not be removed.  This is fine.  As long as the driver is deleted from the list, you can continue.
 8.  Once the driver is deleted, restart the computer.
 9.  Reinstall the driver.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

One of the drivers can't be deleted (Canon MF720C Series UFRIILT) because it is in use. I've tried rebooting and removing it again, but I keep getting the same message. I tried reinstalling and it's also failing again.

The printer itself is gone from the list, so I can't see if there's a queue.The printer is turned off. Should I just delete the windows systems files that I see in properties? (C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3)

Solution:

Remove Canon software, remove printer from settings. Remove Canon drivers that will allow. Let Windows 10 find the printer to connect wireless network. Printer functions normally.

To scan, you must run USB cable from computer to printer and use Windows Fax and Scan function.

Announcements