cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageCLASS MF642Cdw Loud Clicking Noise

Frost_Trunks
Apprentice

Hello,

I have had this printer for a little over a year.  Last night, while printing several pages front and back, I noticed a very loud clicking noise.  Kind of like something was trying to grab but could not.  Everything seemed to print, and I got no error.  But the clicking has me concerned.  I pulled out the paper tray and looked for jammed paper, saw nothing.  I re seated the toner, which I thought helped but it came back. I do use third party toner, I can't afford the good stuff.  It's not new toner, I have been using these catridges for a few months now with no issue.

Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11

I have only used the very expensive over priced OEM cartridges, and my recent black toner cartridge is making this same terrible clicking sound.  I put in the empty cartridge to verify this was the source and it is confirmed.  The noise is on the right side where the white plastic triangle is located.

dws2006
Contributor

I changed back to OEM cartridges and the clicking noise stopped and I've had no further issues. I won't risk anything but OEM in the future. Not worth the $saved for me.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements