cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color imageCLASS LBP613Cdw Printing a lightning bolt down middle

jesssjess
Apprentice

Hello Everyone,

I bought a LBP613Cdw second hand for $70 back in May 2021, and it prints great except for a lightning bolt/vine that goes down the middle length of the paper. It seems to be imbedded into the paper, because I can see the glossy vine pattern even when I print text on regular copy paper.

I've run all the Canon cleaning programs I could find as well as physically cleaning/dusting the printer. I think it has something to do with the heating element because the toner along this vine can be rubbed off even hours after printing. I've tried doing a search on what component is creating the problem, but I can't figure it out. I've attached some photos of what the print looks like, with the first one being after I rubbed the toner off.

I can't really afford another color laser, as I don't use it enough to justify the expense, so hopefully it is something I can attempt to fix myself. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Toner can be rubbed offToner can be rubbed off

IMG_5270.JPG

IMG_5271.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

jesssjess
Apprentice

Any ideas out there as to what  could be the problem?

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

Have the toner cartridges been replaced? 🤔

Thank you for your reply.

I have not replaced the cartridges. They were supposedly new (I think they are the ones that come with the printer) and they seem to still be pretty full. Do you suppose that is the priblem?

The fuser roller seems like a more likely culprit. 🤔 I'd explore that first. 🙂

normadel
Authority
Authority

Something stuck on the fuser roller or in the paper path that is preventing fusing in that line pattern?

I do think it is something stuck on some roller, but from the limited areas I can see without taking the printer apart, I can't tell where. I have searched for a tutorial/video on how to replace out different parts to learn how the printer prints but haven't found one. I assumed that these type of printers are not meant to be worked on at home.

Thanks for replying.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements