cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color ImageCLASS MF8350Cdn Print Jobs Crashing Multiple Applications

ronl
Apprentice

Hello,

We are having an issue with a Color ImageCLASS MF8350Cdn printer in our environment. It can complete various print jobs without issue, but print jobs that are created by/in either Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Outlook always fail. The Acrobat print jobs do not seem to register at all and the Outlook print jobs invariably crash/restart Outlook.

This is a local printer used by a single user who has received a new PC. We are under the impression that we fixed this on the user's previous computer by installing the latest Service Pack: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-im... ...but after multiple attempts and multiple clean re-installs, there has been no improvement here.

I attempted to reach support by phone at 1.800.652.2666 but the automated attendant required additional product info that I was unable to locate on this printer.

Thanks in advance for your time/attention and for any insight you can provide here.

Best,

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello RonL,

You can try uninstalling the driver and then installing the latest version of the driver from our support site. Once the driver has been installed, you can install the service pack. When installing the service pack, you will download the compressed setup. Once the download is complete, you can double click on the file and it will extract. Once the extraction is complete, you can open the extracted folder and double click on the upgrade program.exe file

The latest version of the driver [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF8350Cdn MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear, can be found at the link HERE. You can also find the service pack download in the same location.

If you continue to have the issue, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-266 to see what else might be causing the issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ronl,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. When the program crashes, do you get any specific error codes?
  3. What type of files are you trying to print when this happens? 

Hi Hector,

Thank you, I appreciate your help with this.

1. Windows 10 Enterprise.

2. The Office applications do not give us any specific error codes, they just abruptly close immediately after motioning to print and restart themselves.

3. E-mails in Outlook (.eml/.msg format) and sometimes Office documents (.docx, .xlsx, etc.). Attempts to print .pdf's do not crash Acrobat but they also do not print.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to clarify or expand on any of the above.

Thanks,

R

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello RonL,

You can try uninstalling the driver and then installing the latest version of the driver from our support site. Once the driver has been installed, you can install the service pack. When installing the service pack, you will download the compressed setup. Once the download is complete, you can double click on the file and it will extract. Once the extraction is complete, you can open the extracted folder and double click on the upgrade program.exe file

The latest version of the driver [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF8350Cdn MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear, can be found at the link HERE. You can also find the service pack download in the same location.

If you continue to have the issue, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-266 to see what else might be causing the issue.

Hi Hector,

I'll try this and try again to contact your support by phone if this does not work, thank you.

Best,

R

ronl
Apprentice

Just wanted to note this for posterity--the drivers AND latest service pack need to be installed as a LOCAL ADMIN (i.e., local admin profile on the PC in question, NOT a domain admin).

Announcements