cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color ImageCLASS LBPb22Cdw suddenly printing: GET /HTTP /1.1 Host: ###.##.##.###:#### on print jobs

Mark_UNM
Apprentice

Hello everyone Robot wink

I'm using a Cannon Color ImageCLASS LBPb22Cdw as a standalone USB attached (physically wired) printer on my work computer (which network utilizes an Active Directory infrastructure).

I've been using the printer for months and it has worked perfectly fine. Today however, its started printing the below information/text on each piece of paper in the top left hand corner (and or character based gibberish in the bottom right corner consisting of 4-6 lines).
     GET /HTTP /1.1
     Host: 129.24.16.162:9116

Additional Relevant Information:
The above "Host" IP number is not the locally assigned IP address for my computer and I have no idea where it is getting the IP identifier from.

The printers firmware information is listed below:
Main Controller: 07.02 | Boot ROM: 02.01 | DCON 02.01 | Language 02.01 |

I didn't change anything with the printer at all (it was just powered off for a few days) and I'm hoping this "issue' is just a setting which prints this information which I can just disable/turn off.

Has anyone else come across this issue and figured out why it began happening or how to resolve it?

Any input/information you may know regarding this issue and how to address/resolve it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
University of New Mexico

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Mark,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Does the same info appear when you print a test page?
  3. What program are you printing from when that happens?

Hector,

Thanks for the reply to my inquiry and sorry for the delay in my response.

The issue remedied itself after after a couple of weeks (during which I turned on/off the unit for multiple days in a row instead of leaving it on and then didn't use it for several weeks thereafter). After which the issue hasn't occurred again.

The answer your questions are listed below, for reference.
1) Windows 10
2) Yes, the info appeared on a test print page
3) The programs printed from which displayed the issue where: Firefox browser, Microsoft Word, Notepad, EditPad and Microsoft Excel.

Additional Information: Other than just using the printer the only thing I ever did with it was check it's firmware version using it's menu (nothing else was done to it at all after it's initial setup/configuration).

Since the issue hasn't come back I guess this request can be considered resolved.

IF it raises it's ugly head again I will create a new thread with it's relevant information for assistance at that time.

Thanks,

Mark
University of New Mexico

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements