cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon mf742cdw only prints a few pages before stopping

timbav
Apprentice

My mother in law runs Windows 11 pro, connected to a canon mf742cdw by USB.

She complains that it prints successfully for a few pages of a document, then stops.

Right now, I'm trying to print the Electrolux TR718L4B manual PDF downloaded from the official Electrolux-medialibrary.com website. It stopped at page 8, so I cancelled and printed 9-end, it stopped at 18, and now it's refusing to print 19-end. Usually the diamond-arrow inbound data light is flashing while it's failing.

It takes ages to cancel, right now it's showing a big 'cancelling' spinner on the printer screen.

I'm trying to print 19-end again - Windows says that it's printing, the printer says 'waiting title' the data light isn't flashing. After several minutes, the computer says there's an error, while the printer is still 'waiting'.

The paper size is matched - it's printing successfully until it gives up!

4 REPLIES 4

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

Question: Are you located in Europe? The imageCLASS 742 isn't sold in North America. I can't find any reference to the Electrolux TR718L4B.

This site focuses on models sold in North America. I believe there is another site for support with European printers.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

He's got an i-SENSYS MF742Cdw (a product intended for sale in Europe).  The document he's trying to print is an Electrolux manual for a household appliance.  A dryer in this case  😄

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I think the 742 and the dryer are sold in Europe. I can't seem to find any reference to them here in North America (lol). 🤔

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@timbav,

Does this only happen when printing PDFs or all Multi-Page documents? 

Does this happen only when printing from a specific application?  Acrobat, Word, Chrome or Edge for example?

Does this happen with documents you've downloaded and saved locally or ones that are hosted online? 

If you haven't saved the file locally, try this and report the results. 

Next, tell us exactly what software (Canon Drivers or Utilities) she installed, and if she connected the printer to USB before installing it's drivers.  

We can continue once you answer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements