cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 642CDW Printing very light but Copy works ok

copyguy
Apprentice

HI guys

Recently, I have been having issues with print quality where both black and colors are not dark enough and looks faint.  It does not define pictures very well.  However, strange thing is, when I copy things, it comes out perfectly.

I already did below steps found in another thread below and it did not help at all.  Any idea why copy is working fine but print does not?  I do have aftermarket cartridge but I feel like it was printing ok when I initially replaced them.

Three (3) Steps to Great Color & Deep Blacks –

1. Clean Fixing Assembly -
    Go to the Home Screen  >  Menu  >  Adjustment/Maintenance  >   Maintenance  >  Clean Fixing Assembly  >  Select ‘OK’  >  Then, Select ’Start’ (in the lower righthand corner of the Printer Display, and let it do its thing).
  2. Correct Print Color Mismatch -
    Next, go to the Home Screen  >  Menu  >  Adjustment/Maintenance  >  Adjust Image Quality  >  Correct Print Color Mismatch  >  Select ’Start’ (in the lower righthand corner of the Printer’s Display, and let it do its thing).
  3. Auto Adjust Gradation - Full Adjust - (This is a more robust sequence than the initial Startup Color Adjustment when the printer was first turned ON.)
    Go to the Home Screen  >  Menu  > Adjustment/Maintenance  >  Adjust Image Quality  > Auto Adjust Gradation  >  Full Adjust  > Select ‘OK’ (it will list 4 Steps)…
    1. Print Image 1 for adjustment.
    2. Scan the printed Image 1 for adjustment.
    3. Print Image 2 for adjustment.
    4. Scan the printed Image 2 for adjust.
      Select ’Start’ (in the lower righthand corner of the Printer’s Display, and follow the on screen instructions).
1 REPLY 1

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

I haven't run into this problem before. Are you using Windows or MAC computers? If the computers are MACs, try using a Windows computer and see if there is any difference. On all computers, if it hasn't already been done, download and install the latest drivers Canon's website.

If everything is up to date and things are still looking bad, reach out to Canon Support to have them determine if some sort of repair is needed. 🙂

Announcements