cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon mf Scanner Problem - Failure to Scan

DenverChuck
Apprentice

I just purchased and installed my second Canon mf. The first was a mf 4150 from the 4100 series. The second, which I just installed is a mf 249dw of the 240 series. In each case the included scan utility did not work under Windows 10.

After researching online and trying a solution, which I posted in this forum for the mf 4150, I am convinced that the basic problem is that the driver installation doesn't set the appropriate Environment Variable. The general solution is: (1) Open Control Panel, (2) Click on System, (3) Click on Advanced System Settings on the lefthand side, (4) Click on Environment Variable (5) In the lower box under System variables scroll down to Path, (6) Highlight Path, (7) Click Edit, (8) Click New,

(9) Type in the location of your Twain drivers. The location should be c:\windows\twain_32\.... In place of ... type the folder you find for your Canon Printer/Scanner. You will find it at c:\windows\twain_32\ ....  In the case of my mf 4150 the folder was MF4100. In the case of my mf 249dw it is MF240_ ... . The ... is the serial number associated with the scanner.

After that Click OK to close it box. After that open thescanner utility, and it should work just fine.

1 REPLY 1

RAGHUVIR
Apprentice

I have CANON MF240 printer. When I select FEEDER mode to scan it does not work. Please tell me to resolve this problem. Thanks.

Announcements